Monday, September 30, 2013

Yet another "Best week ever!"

September 30, 2013

But really, it was like the best week ever. It is incredible what working with the members in your ward can do to help God's work truly progress. We made a goal to work with different members every single day this week, and it brought a slew of miracles.

Monday night we had too many lessons to do on our own, so we both split up and went with members as our companions. I was with Ya lan and we met with Guo JM, one of our investigators. When we met with her, we talked about how she feels about all the things we have taught her. She said that she  believes they are all true and wanted to understand a little bit more about baptism and the Book of Mormon. We took some time to explain a little more in depth about the Book of Mormon and then how it contains all of life's answers. Afterwards, she started to ask some questions and we together found answers in the Book of Mormon! We talked about how repentance is truly changing our hearts and how it relates to baptism and she really felt the spirit. It was one of the coolest lessons and she really could feel the Holy Ghost testifying that all these things are true. She is having her baptismal interview tonight. She has changed so much over the last 2 months and it makes me so happy to see her so happy!

Tuesday proved to be extremely busy as well, so again, we split up with members to go and work. I went with Hong Chen, we met with Cynthia, Pan JM, Zheng Jm, and the Xu family. There is something special about having a church member be able to testify of how the gospel has changed and blessed their lives. We are missionaries, this is what we do all day every day. They expect us to share these things. However, when a mom of 3 kids shares about how the gospel has helped her family have more peace in the home with a mom who wants her children to be happy, it helps them so much.

You guessed it, wednesday was also busy and so we worked with the Xu family to visit some families! The Ke family came to church yesterday and loved it! Their 3 little kids are ridiculously cute. I can't wait to see my own nieces and nephews :) That night for english spiritual share, after teahing about nature, I taught about the creation. It was really fun as my students drew it out on the whiteboard. We then talked about what a great gift Sunday is as a day of rest and service to the Lord. I love sunday!

Thursday, Sister Shen and I went up north to Taizhong for a meeting. We talked about how the mission is going after some changes implemented with the new president. We also got fed an incredible homemade lunch... it was a chicken something. I'm not sure but it was the best food I've had since the last time I went to this meeting last month... haha. That night we came home and went out with Guo Jm, a sister who is about to go on a mission to Australia! She came with us to visit 2 friends. She really loves the feeling of sharing her testimony and I know she'll be a great missionary.

Friday we had another day of meetings, zone conference, but this time in Jiayi and with our Tainan zone and the Jiayi zone. That just means we met with about 40 other missionaries to receive training from our president. We talked a lot about the blessing of repentance and converstion. I really learned a lot and am excited to keep trying some new things we learned. The only bad part of the meeting was towards the end... Every new missionary gets introduced by their trainers at these meetings. I remember previous meetings when I was introduced by my trainer, and then later when I introduced my new missionaries. This is fun and entertaining... However I was unprepared for the second part, where missionaries about to go home give their reflections. And yes, I had to give a 2-3 minute reflection about what I learned on my mission. I had to sum up 18 months in just 3 minutes. I rambled about love and converstion. To me, converstion is  truly knowing that God loves us, and being willing to show Him that we love Him too. Once we feel His love and His mercy, the desire to obey will naturally come. It's a pretty neat thing. That night we all raced home because we had a baptism! Our cute little 12 year old Xue Qing got baptized, along with Cai DX, one of the elders friends. It turned out great and helped Guo JM (the one listed above) get excited about her own baptism. Everything went wonderfully.

Saturday was great, Sunday was great, last night's missionary fireside was great, the lesson the 3rd ward bishop asked us to teach to relief society and priesthood combined went great (talked about member missionary work), Sister shen's talk in the 4th ward went great, to put it simply, life is just great. I know this work is true. I know God loves us. I pray for each and every one of you every single day!!!

Love, Sister Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment